With Companion Replacement Warranty, you’re in the driver’s seat. You can lock in comprehensive coverage for up to 7 years with no annual renewals, no annual increases and no chance of cancellation due to driving experience or losses.
* Available in Ontario and the Atlantic Provinces Only
- Your new vehicle is replaced with a current model in the event of Total Loss due to theft, fire or accidental damage. For example, if your 2006 vehicle is stolen and declared a total loss, we are going to provide you with a current vehicle similarly equipped.
- For pre-owned vehicles you get the advantage of a replacement credit that is adjusted annually for inflation. For example, if you have a 3 year old vehicle and it’s declared a loss 3 years later, you’ll receive a credit towards a 3 year old vehicle NOT a 6 year old vehicle.
- Lock in your rate for up to 7 years.
- Rental vehicle coverage that picks up where your primary insurer leaves off.
- The transfer option in the first 3 years is a great re-sale feature.
- Deductible coverage up to $500 for a Total Loss and $250 for a Partial Loss mitigates the financial impact from an accident, fire or theft.
- Upgrade to original parts coverage.
Coverage is available on…
- Vehicles with a purchase price of up to $125,000
- Convertibles, sport-utility vehicles, diesel engines
- New and pre-owned vehicles with no mileage restrictions
- Small trucks with a cargo load up to one ton
- Traffic Collisions cost Canada $62.7 billion each year.
- Vehicle theft accounts for 13.5% of all property crime in Canada.
- The rate of cars stolen in Canada is among the highest in the world. According to Statistics Canada a car is stolen every 3 minutes.
- Each year, automobile theft costs Canadians close to $1 billion, including $542 million for insurers to fix or replace stolen cars.
* This product is available in Ontario and the Atlantic Provinces only. Terms and conditions apply. Please visit your local dealership to inquire about the Companion Replacement Warranty program.
- Transport Canada 2009
- Insurance Bureau of Canada Facts Book 2009
- Statistics Canada
- Insurance Bureau of Canada 2012